COVID-19 Policies & Procedures at
Greensboro Downtown Yoga
Updated | September 2020
Greensboro Downtown Yoga is committed to your well-being, the well-being of our instructors, trainers and our community. We are closely monitoring the pandemic of the coronavirus illness, COVID-19, and making adjustments to our studio operations based on CDC recommendations, best practices within the yoga & fitness industry, and based on recommendations from medical professionals. We take health and safety very seriously and everything we do is to ensure you are as safe as possible within the studio.
Due to the pandemic of the coronavirus illness, COVID-19, we have implemented additional standards in an attempt to stop the spread of the virus and we follow or exceed sanitation/disinfection guidelines.
Below are the means by which we at Greensboro Downtown Yoga are working to keep the physical studio location (at 219 Summit Avenue Greensboro NC 27401) safe in response to COVID-19; these include, but are not limited to the following:
Cleaning & PPE
- All individuals are required to wear PPE (masks and/or shields) when inside the studio (the exception to this policy is when Summer Sides is in-studio filming virtual classes).
- The purchase of a ActivePure Air & Surface Purifier (hospital-grade approved up to 3000-sqft) to protect from airborne and surface contaminants, including RNA virus strands (which includes COVID-19).
- The studio is steam cleaned regularly and cleaned daily with approved hospital-grade or EPA-registered disinfectants.
- All high touch point surfaces, including door handles, restrooms, and other common surfaces are being cleaned with increased frequency, using EPA-registered disinfectants.
- A contact-lite transaction process including digital forms, pre-payment of services using web-based payments or Venmo.
Services & Activities
- Only private sessions (or duets between two individuals who regularly are in contact with each other) will be conducted within the studio until further notice.
- In-studio private sessions are limited to either 30 or 45-minutes.
- A minimum of 90-minutes is required between all in-studio private training sessions.
- A maximum of three (3) in-studio private training sessions will be conducted daily.
- A minimum of 14-feet of social distancing space is required between the trainer and client for all in-studio private sessions.
- No hands-on adjustments will be offered at this time.
- Greensboro Downtown Yoga will NOT be providing any shared equipment.
- Any equipment brought into the studio by members must be cleaned with EPA-registered cleaning products prior to use.
By participating in any on-site services, you agree to the following COVID-19 procedures for all in-studio visits at Greensboro Downtown Yoga (required until further notice):
- A PPE (mask or shield) is required at all times within the studio, including during activity.
- Sanitize your hands upon entry at our sanitation station.
- You must remove shoes upon entering the studio and place them within a bag prior to storing them in the cubby’s (bags are provided, or you can bring your own).
- BYO mat, props and water bottles and take them home with you after each session. Greensboro Downtown Yoga has ‘yoga kits’ for purchase that will allow you to bring all equipment with you to each session. NO SHARED EQUIPMENT WILL BE AVAILABLE.
- All equipment brought into the studio must be cleaned using EPA-approved cleaning wipes prior to the start of the session.
- You agree to maintain 14-feet of social distancing space throughout the session.
Scheduling & Payment
- All Private Training Sessions must be scheduled a minimum of 24-hours in advance.
- Payment for private training sessions will be made a minimum of 24-hours prior to the date of service.
- You agree to complete the pre-screening document prior to each in-studio training session.
You also acknowledge the following:
- A person can unintentionally spread COVID-19 to others even if they do not feel sick or have symptoms.
- Masks are meant to reduce the possibility of spreading the virus when infection is known or unknown; they do not block the virus.
- I understand and acknowledge that anyone involved with Greensboro Downtown Yoga cannot completely control the spread of COVID-19 and I have chosen to enter this business and consent to participate in exercise and physical activity that includes a higher risk of contamination due to breathe work.