GDY Disclosure & Liability Release
The below document must be signed by anyone wishing to participate in classes, workshops, events, and other programs offered at our studio. This can be done inside your member portal OR in studio if it’s your first time visiting.
We are delighted to have you, move with us at GSO Yoga & Movement, LLC – d/b/a Greensboro Downtown Yoga (“GDY”)! The following information will help you get the most out of your yoga and movement experiences at GDY and clarify the instructor and studio’s role in your experience.
By reading and signing below you agree to the following between yourself and GDY:
- You understand that physical activity and exercise (including yoga, functional movement, barre, Pilates, and any other movement-based experiences offered as part of services at GDY) is a physical experience that integrates the mind and body.
- You acknowledge that you are aware that your voluntary participation in any and all classes, workshops, events, and activities (collectively known as “activities”) offered at onsite at 219 Summit Avenue Greensboro NC 27401, or as part of an off-site community event, are physically active and present a risk of property damage, serious injury, sickness and death.
- Knowing the dangers, hazards, and risks of participation, and in consideration of being allowed to participate, you agree to assume all risks and responsibilities surrounding your involvement. You also release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue GSO Yoga & Movement, LLC d/b/a Greensboro Downtown Yoga and their owners, employees, members, managers, partners, instructors, independent contractors, and representatives (“Releasees”) from all liability for any expenses, injury, or damage whether caused by the negligence or carelessness of the Releases.
- You understand and agree that GDY, and all Releasees, involved in activities are granted permission to authorize emergency medical treatment if necessary subject to this Release. You understand and agree that GDY, its employees, agents, independent contractors or other participants involved in the activities assume no responsibility for injury, damages, or financial responsibilities that might arise from emergency medical treatment.
- It is your intent that this Release bind you, the members of your family, your estate, family, heirs, administrators, personal representatives, or assigns. You further agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and defend Releasees from claims of damage or injury related to your involvement in all activities at GDY.
- By signing this Release, you acknowledge and represent that you have read and understand this Release. You sign this Release as your own free act and without pressure or encouragement from GDY. You understand that GDY does not require you to participate in any activity, but you do so despite the possible dangers and risks.
- You further state that you have no health-related issues that restrict your involvement in any or all activities at GDY, and you understand that you are responsible for all medical costs that you may occur as a result in participation. You understand that The American College of Sports Medicine highly encourages individuals to consult with their primary care physician before engaging in a physical activity or exercise program. Pre and postnatal women understand that movement comes with risk for pregnancy. You acknowledge that if you are (or become) pregnant you will receive doctors’ consent before engaging any physical activity at GDY.
- Each instructor, and the owners of Greensboro Downtown Yoga, reserve the right to refuse participation by any student who behaves in any dangerous, threatening, distressing, or disruptive manner.
- Greensboro Downtown Yoga holds a very strict ‘sexual misconduct’ policy (as outlined by Yoga Alliance). You understand that any complaint made against an instructor or another student in regards to inappropriate touch or comments will be taken very seriously by the owners and instructors of GDY. Independent Contractors of GDY have their own personal beleifs in regards to physical adjustments provided during a yoga class. You agree to inform the instructor if do not wish to receive physical adjustments or assistance during your practice.
- You agree that any pictures, audio, or visual recordings taken of you while in connection with Greensboro Downtown Yoga can be used for publication, promotion, articles, shows and advertisement without additional consent and without compensation at this time or any other time.
- You further agree that this Release shall be governed according to the laws of the State of North Carolina. If any term of this Release shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or conflict with any law governing this Release, the validity of the remaining portions of the Release shall not be affected.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREE NOT TO SUE GSO YOGA & MOVEMENT, LLC (DBA GREENSBORO DOWNTOWN YOGA) AND THEIR OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, INSTRUCTORS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY KNOWN AS “GREENSBORO DOWNTOWN YOGA”) FROM ALL COMPLAINTS, INJURIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, SETTLEMENTS, LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, SUITS AND CAUSE OF ACTION WHICH MAY RESULT THERE FROM, AND WHICH MAY AFFECT YOU AND/OR GREENSBORO DOWNTOWN YOGA. If, despite singing this Release, I decide to make a claim against any Releasee, I will reimburse the Releasee(s) for any costs incurred, including by not limited to attorney fees, in defending such action.
I have read and understand this release and agreement and agree to its provisions. I am not under the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants. I am not suffering from any illness or incapacity. I am over 18 years of age. (If not over 18 years of age, parent or guardian must sign.) I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.