GDY Monthly Membership Terms
Greensboro Downtown Yoga (GDY) offers memberships for every type of yoga or movement practice, regardless if you are a new or experienced student.
Below are the terms of the membership agreement. By signing up for a monthly membership you agree to and understand these terms.
Updates to your membership can be done inside your member portal.
Membership Payments, Terms & Agreements
- Members agree that by signing up for a monthly GDY membership that are agreeing to have a monthly draft of the membership fees made from their credit card or from their checking account.
- Memberships have no contract terms and can be cancelled at any time. First month payment is required for sign up and is NOT refundable and non-transferable.
- Membership commences on the date of sign up and amount will be charged on that date of month each month, unless otherwise noted.
- All memberships paid monthly are not refundable in part or full after auto-draft has gone through under any circumstances.
- All memberships paid monthly will renew automatically month to month. Members may cancel at any time or put membership on hold at any point after their first month of membership. (See more on cancellations and holds below.)
- A credit/debit card must be used for the first month’s payment and placed onto the account for all future payments. After the first month, the option to provide a voided check and/or bank account information to debit the auto-drafts from the checking account is an option within the member profile.
- Should member set up the membership with a checking account number, member still must provide their credit card information for back up purposes. Memberships can’t be set up without credit card information.
- GDY is in no way, under any circumstances, responsible or obligated to pay for member’s insufficient fund penalties, returned checks, and/or over the limit fees.
- A $30 fee will be charged for all insufficient funds and returned checks.
- GDY retains the right to auto-draft member’s dues on the credit card given at the time of sign up should the member’s bank account have insufficient funds and/or charge member for insufficient funds penalties charged to GDY due to member insufficient funds and/or returned checks at the time of bank auto-draft.
- Any bill not paid within 10-days of due date will result in a $20 late-fee added.
- Memberships are non refundable and non transferable.
- Members will be charged at the sign-up rate for the length of their membership; in the event of a rate increase members will maintain their existing membership rate for a period of 3-billling-cycles, after which time they will be charged at the new membership rate. Any cancelled memberships that are reinstated after a rate increase will be done at the current membership rates (members cannot rejoin at an old membership rate).
Membership Holds & Cancellation, Terms of Agreement
- Members can cancel memberships at any time (in writing, at least 5-business days prior to the next auto-draft), after the first month of membership. The current membership will remain active through the end of the current billing cycle. No refunds or pro-rated rates will be offered for cancelled memberships.
- For membership holds, both billings and visits will be frozen immediately starting on the effective date. Member must communicate with GDY in regards to the length of the hold (ie. how many days they would like to hold their membership for). Holds will be automatically reinstated at the end of the communicated length. (ex. member states they want a 14-day hold, the membership will automatically resume on the 15th day).
- For cancellations, holds, and/or changes to memberships for any reason, member must notify GDY via email at membership@GSOYoga.com at least 5-business days prior to next auto-draft, putting “membership cancellation, membership hold, or membership change” as subject heading of email. In turn, GDY will send a confirmation via email after the changes have been made to the account.
- Once member has submitted e-mail request for any changes to membership, it is member’s responsibility to ensure that GDY has responded back on the same e-mail account to confirm processing the request. GDY is in no way, under any circumstances, responsible for member’s negligence in checking their own bank statements to ensure that membership changes, holds, or cancellations have been processed correctly. In the event of miscommunication member is responsible to produce a copy of their request and response from GDY for review. Only then, if GDY did not perform what it agreed to do, will GDY reimburse any funds rightfully owed to member. In the event that member cannot produce a copy of e-mail correspondence with GDY then GDY is not obligated to, nor will refund under any circumstances, dues debited from member’s account.
Changes to Membership Levels, Terms & Agreements
- Members wishing to upgrade their membership level can do so at any time by submitting a written request to membership@GSOYoga.com. Within 2-business days of receipt GDY will upgrade the membership to the requested level for the remainder of the currently billing cycle by paying the difference between the current membership plan and the new membership plan. At the start of the next billing cycle the member will be charged the new membership plan rate (ex. Member is currently on a Warrior 1 plan at $39/month with a billing cycle starting on March 1; on March 10 they request to upgrade to Warrior 2 plan at $69/month. On March 10 they will be charged $30 (difference in price between Warrior 1 and Warrior 2 plans) and have 8 total classes to use between March 1-31. On April 1 member will be charged $69 for Warrior 2 plan.).
- Members wishing to downgrade their membership level can do so at any time by submitting a written request to membership@GSOYoga.com. The downgrade will begin at the start of the next billing cycle. No full or partial refunds will be given for downgrading during the month. Members will have full access to all classes on current membership plan before the downgraded plan begins on the next billing cycle.
Additional Terms & Agreements of this Contract
- Class schedule is subject to change without notice. Please check our website for up to the minute changes, additions, and/or cancellations.
- Unused classes do NOT roll-over each month and cannot be transferred.
- Failure to attend classes or utilize the programming offered at GDY does not relieve the member from the obligation to pay monthly membership fees as set-up in this agreement.
- You further agree that this Membership Contract shall be governed according to the laws of the State of North Carolina. If any term of this Contract shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or conflict with any law governing this Release, the validity of the remaining portions of the Release shall not be affected.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREE NOT TO SUE GSO YOGA & MOVEMENT, LLC (DBA GREENSBORO DOWNTOWN YOGA) AND THEIR OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, INSTRUCTORS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ALL COMPLAINTS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, SETTLEMENTS, LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, SUITS AND CAUSE OF ACTION WHICH MAY RESULT THERE FROM, AND WHICH MAY AFFECT YOU AND/OR GREENSBORO DOWNTOWN YOGA. If, despite singing this Release, I decide to make a claim against any Releasee, I will reimburse GDY for any costs incurred, including by not limited to attorney fees, in defending such action.
I have read and understand this agreement and agree to its provisions. I am not under the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants. I am not suffering from any illness or incapacity. I am over 18 years of age. (If not over 18 years of age, parent or guardian must sign.) I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.