GDY Monthly Membership Terms
Updated September 2020 | Private Training
Virtual & In-Studio
Below are the terms of agreement for the monthly auto-draft memberships offered by GSO Yoga & Movement, LLC (d/b/a Greensboro Downtown Yoga (GDY)). By reading and signing below you understand and agree to the following terms between yourself and Greensboro Downtown Yoga. Furthermore, you accept full responsibility for your own health and well-being AND you acknowledge an understanding that no responsibility is assumed by the leaders of the program.
I. Membership Terms
- Through purchase of this Membership you’re agreeing to pay Greensboro Downtown Yoga the current membership rate for as long as you hold a valid monthly auto-draft Membership.
- You have purchased a Private Training Membership that includes: a pre-determined number of private training sessions at a pre-set duration. This session can be completed either virtually (using video conferencing software) or in-studio (at 219 Summit Avenue Greensboro NC 27401).
- Sessions do NOT roll-over / transfer from month to month and must be used within the month of purchase.
- Unused sessions cannot be transferred to other members.
- By purchasing a Private Training Membership, you acknowledge understanding and agreement to all the terms of Private Training, as outlined in the Greensboro Downtown Yoga Private Training Contract.
- By having the option to participate in Private Training sessions held on-site at Greensboro Downtown Yoga, you agree to all the terms and protocols for maintaining a healthy environment as outlined in the Greensboro Downtown Yoga Covid19 Policies & Procedures Document (available within your member portal).
- Furthermore, you agree to complete the required Covid19 In-Studio Pre-Screening Questionnaire prior to each visit within the studio (for as long as is deemed necessary by medical professionals in relation to the covid19 virus).
II. Membership Coverage and Billing Cycles
- This “Private Training Membership” provides you with the ability to schedule a specified number of training sessions at a specified duration (in-studio or through the virtual studio) with individual trainers of Greensboro Downtown Yoga.
- A Private Training Membership does not provide you with access to either in-studio or virtual group classes (including GXunited.TV), or any other program offered that has an additional fee associated with them.
- A Private Training Membership can be purchased from gsoyoga.com.
Billing Cycles and Auto-Renewal.
- Your Membership recurs on a monthly basis until it is canceled in accordance with these Membership Terms.
- Billing occurs at the beginning of the Membership cycle and provides access for one month thereafter. By purchasing a Membership, you acknowledge that your Membership has recurring payment features and you accept responsibility for all recurring payment obligations prior to cancellation of your Membership by you or Greensboro Downtown Yoga.
- A valid credit/debit card must be placed on the Members account in order to maintain an active Membership.
Amount to be Charged.
- Membership Holders agree to pay the monthly fee specified when you purchased your Membership (plus any applicable taxes and other charges).
- In the event of a rate increase members will maintain their existing Membership rate for a period of 3-billling-cycles, after which time they will be charged at the new Membership rate. Any cancelled Memberships that are reinstated after a rate increase will be done at the current Membership rates (ie. members cannot rejoin at an old Membership rate).
- GDY is in no way, under any circumstances, responsible or obligated to pay for member’s insufficient fund penalties, returned checks, and/or over the limit fees.
- A $30 fee will be charged for all insufficient funds.
- You may be asked to provide a payment method (such as a credit, charge or debit card number) that we accept in order to activate your Membership, along with other payment information. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use all payment method(s) that you provide to us. Your authorizations in this section also apply to our payment processors and any other companies who act as billing agents for us.
- You hereby authorize us to charge your specified payment method on a monthly basis, in advance, for your Membership(s) and/or to place a hold on your payment method with respect to any unpaid charges for your Membership(s). You authorize the issuer of your selected payment method to pay any amounts described herein without requiring a signed receipt, and you agree that these Membership Terms shall be accepted as authorization to the issuer of the payment method to pay any amounts described herein, without requiring a signed receipt from you.
- You authorize us to continue to attempt to charge and/or place holds with respect to all sums described herein, or any portion thereof, to your payment method until such amounts are paid in full. You agree to provide updated payment information upon request and any time the information you previously provided is no longer valid. You acknowledge and agree that neither GXunited, nor any GXunited agent, will have any liability whatsoever for any insufficient funds or other charges incurred by you as a result of attempts to charge, and/or place holds on, your specified payment method as contemplated by these Membership Terms. If you provide a debit card number instead of a credit card number, you authorize all charges described herein to be applied to such debit card unless and until you provide a credit card number.
- Any bill not paid within 10-days of the billing period will be charged a $20 late-fee. The members account will be frozen and unable to be used until the original bill and the late fee are paid.
Third-Party Payment Processors.
- You agree to pay us, through our payment processors or financing partners (as applicable), all charges at the prices then in effect for any purchase in accordance with the applicable payment terms presented to you at the time of purchase.
- You agree to make payment using the payment method you provide when you set up your account.
- We reserve the right to correct, or to instruct our payment processors or financing partners to correct, any errors or mistakes, even if payment has already been requested or received.
Bill Inquiries and Refunds.
- If you believe you have been billed in error for a Membership, please notify us within 30 days of the billing date by contacting Member Support at Membership@gsoyoga.com. Greensboro Downtown Yoga will not issue refunds or credits after the expiration of this 30-day period, except where required by applicable law.
IV. Changes to Membership or Cancellation of Subscription
Changes to Membership Levels.
- Members can upgrade or downgrade their Membership at any time for any reason based on the procedures below.
- Members wishing to upgrade their Membership level can do so at any time by submitting a written request to Membership@GSOYoga.com. Within 2-business days of receipt GDY will upgrade the Membership to the requested level for the remainder of the currently billing cycle by paying the difference between the current Membership plan and the new Membership plan. At the start of the next billing cycle the member will be charged the new Membership plan rate.
- Members wishing to downgrade their Membership level can do so at any time by submitting a written request to Membership@GSOYoga.com. The downgrade will begin at the start of the next billing cycle. No full or partial refunds will be given for downgrading during the month. Members will have full access to all private training sessions on current Membership plan before the downgraded plan begins on the next billing cycle.
- To Change Membership Level, you must:
- Notify GDY via email at Membership@gsoyoga.com at least 10-business days prior to your next auto-draft billing cycle.
- The email must include “Membership level change” in the subject line.
- Body of email must include your name; current membership package; and the membership package you would like to change to.
- Memberships have no contract terms and can be cancelled at any time. First month payment is required to sign up and is not refundable and non-transferable.
- Memberships can be cancelled at any time (in writing, at least 10-business days prior to the next auto-draft), after the first month of Membership.
- If you terminate your Membership, you may use your Membership until the end of the then-current period and your Membership will not be renewed after that period expires. However, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the Membership fee paid for the then-current Membership period.
- To Cancel Membership, you must:
- Notify GDY via email at Membership@gsoyoga.com at least 10-business days prior to your next auto-draft billing cycle.
- The email must include “Membership cancellation” in the subject line.
- Body of email must include your name; membership package; and the date of the cancellation request.
- Greensboro Downtown Yoga will confirm cancellation of membership in writing within 5-days of receipt. It is the Members responsibility to ensure that GDY received and responded to the cancellation request.
- GDY is in no way, under any circumstances, responsible for member’s negligence in checking their own bank statements to ensure that Membership changes, holds, or cancellations have been processed correctly. In the event of miscommunication member is responsible to produce a copy of their request and response from GDY for review. Only then, if GDY did not perform what it agreed to do, will GDY reimburse any funds rightfully owed to member. In the event that member cannot produce a copy of e-mail correspondence with GDY then GDY is not obligated to, nor will refund under any circumstances, dues debited from member’s account.
- Members can freeze their membership for a period of up to 3-months (90-days) for any reason.
- Members wishing to freeze their Membership can do so at any time by submitting a written request to Membership@GSOYoga.com. Written requests must include:
- “Membership freeze” in the subject line.
- Body of email must include your name; membership package; the date to start and end your membership freeze.
- Within 2-business days GDY will confirm your membership freeze, both billings and visits will be frozen immediately starting on the effective date.
- Holds will be automatically reinstated at the end of the communicated length. (ex. member states they want a 14-day hold, the Membership will automatically resume on the 15th day).
Suspension/Termination by Greensboro Downtown Yoga.
Greensboro Downtown Yoga may immediately terminate or suspend your account, and all or a portion of your Membership, without notice if:
- your payment is overdue (provided that we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the overdue payment before we terminate or suspend);
- you provide false or inaccurate information;
- you violate these Membership Terms or any other rules or agreements between yourself and Greensboro Downtown Yoga;
- you engage in conduct that is a violation of any applicable law or tariff (including, without limitation, copyright and intellectual property laws); or
- if you engage in conduct that is threatening, abusive or harassing to Greensboro Downtown Yoga employees, agents, or other Greensboro Downtown Yoga users, including, for example, making threats to physically harm or damage property.
If we terminate or suspend your Membership, your license to use any software or content provided in connection with the Membership is also terminated or suspended (as applicable). If your Membership is terminated, Greensboro Downtown Yoga has the right to immediately delete all data, files, and other information stored in or for your account without further notice to you. You must pay all charges up to and including the date of termination. Should you wish to resume your Membership after any suspension, a restoration of service fee may apply. This fee is in addition to all past due unpaid charges and other fees.
V. Additional Terms & Agreements of this Contract
- Greensboro Downtown Yoga reserves the right to alter and change the studio operating hours and availability at any time. Stay connected through our website (gsoyoga.com), email, or social media channels to know our current operating schedule.
- Failure to schedule sessions or utilize the programming offered at GDY does not relieve the member from the obligation to pay monthly membership fees as set-up in this agreement.
- You further agree that this Membership Contract shall be governed according to the laws of the State of North Carolina. If any term of this Contract shall be held illegal, unenforceable, or conflict with any law governing this Release, the validity of the remaining portions of the Release shall not be affected.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREE NOT TO SUE GSO YOGA & MOVEMENT, LLC (DBA GREENSBORO DOWNTOWN YOGA) AND THEIR OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, INSTRUCTORS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ALL COMPLAINTS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, SETTLEMENTS, LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, SUITS AND CAUSE OF ACTION WHICH MAY RESULT THERE FROM, AND WHICH MAY AFFECT YOU AND/OR GREENSBORO DOWNTOWN YOGA. If, despite singing this Release, I decide to make a claim against any Releasee, I will reimburse GDY for any costs incurred, including by not limited to attorney fees, in defending such action.
I have read and understand this agreement and agree to its provisions. I am not under the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants. I am not suffering from any illness or incapacity. I am over 18 years of age. (If not over 18 years of age, parent or guardian must sign.) I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.